Welcome to the Kindergarten Page
- Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1st of the current year in order to register for kindergarten. The following documents are required at the time of registration:
- Child's Birth Certificate (We will make a copy.)
- Proof of residence (Ex: utility bill, rental agreement)
- Florida Certificate of Immunization (State of Florida Form 680, also known as the blue card.)
- Florida Student Health Examination (DH for 3040, 6/02 performed within 1 year prior to enrollment in school, also known as the yellow card)
Important Notice: If we do not receive the required documents listed above and/or your child has not been screened by our kindergarten screeners, your child will not be assigned a teacher. Once these requirements have been met, a teacher will be assigned. If you can not make it to one of the registration times above, you can register during the summer and make an appointment for the screening process. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.
Kindergarten, although very different from the way most of us remember, is the time when foundations are built to promote and encourage lifelong learners. Our kindergarteners have 180 days filled with fun and exciting learning experiences in which we work on social, physical, and academic skills. Most importantly, we strive to provide a loving and nurturing learning environment for your child. As teachers, we realize that you, the parents, are one of our most important resources, so we hope that you find our webpage to be helpful. We have included numerous documents and links that might be beneficial to you at home. In addition, the link below contains “71 things that children need to know before kindergarten”. We look forward to getting to know each of you very soon!
71 Things to Know Before Kindergarten
If your child will not be bringing his/her lunch, we strongly encourage you to sign up for a free my school bucks account. The my school bucks account is link to your child's lunch account here at the school and will prove useful throughout your child's school years. In order to sign up, you will need to obtain your child's unique student identification number from his/her teacher and/or the school office. This number is 10 digits long and starts with a 57 which represents our school district. You can deposit funds as frequently as you like in any nomination with your VISA, Mastercard, and/or debit money straight from your checking/savings account.
The program has several useful and convenient features: